¾ cup dry pasta (any small shape)
Water and salt for cooking the pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped green garlic, the greens and whites separated
3 tablespoons butter
1 lime, cut into halves
2 green chilies, minced
Salt to taste
Handful of walnuts or pistachios chopped (optional)
1. Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. Set aside to drain in a colander.
2. Heat the olive oil and add in the minced garlic whites and cook for 3-4 minutes until the garlic is a pale golden color.
3. Add in the garlic greens and cook till they wilt.
4. In a separate pan, heat the butter on low heat until it melts and turns a pale golden brown shade.
5. Squeeze in the lime juice.
6. Working quickly, add in the pasta and the salt and green chilies and mix well.
7. Mix in the garlic and oil and the nuts and toss well. Serve immediately.