- 1 medium beet
- 1 15 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, unpeeled
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1/2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Wash beet well and place with garlic clove on a sheet of foil. Bring up sides of foil and fold to make a packet leaving room for heat to circulate inside the packet containing the beet and garlic.
- 3. Bake for 45 minutes or until beet is tender when poked with a knife.
- 4. Remove skin off of the garlic and the beet (I use a zip lock bag on my hand and slip the skin off so my hand doesn’t turn red).
- 5. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 6. Serve.