Thanks to farm member July Seibecker for this recipe 🙂
Greens ‘N Cheese Casserole
8 cups of cooked greens (any combo of spinach, swiss chard, beet greens, turnip greens, tot soi &/or dino kale works well!)
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a largish casserole dish (2 quart?), or an 8 x 12 baking pan.
2. Make sure your greens are steamed or boiled until soft. Squeeze or press as much of the liquid as you can out of them, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs & sour cream, then add the nutmeg, salt and pepper, & then 2 cups of the shredded cheese; save the other 1/2 of the shredded cheese for topping.
4. Add the greens and mix well.
5. Spread into the casserole dish, & top with the rest of the cheese.
6. Bake 40 minutes, until bubbly and browned on top.
Leave A Comment