Baked Parsnip Fries With Rosemary
Source: Bon Appetit, March 2012
- 2 1/2 pounds parsnips or carrots, peeled, cut into about 3 x 1/2″ strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) ground cumin
preparationPreheat oven to 450°F. Mix parsnips, chopped rosemary, garlic, and oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Scatter rosemary sprigs over.
Roast for 10 minutes; turn parsnips and roast until parsnips are tender and browned in spots, 10–15 minutes longer. Crumble leaves from rosemary sprigs over; discard stems and toss to coat. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cumin over. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more cumin, if desired.