Kale Tabouli Recipe
Kale Salad Recipe found at Fuss Free Cooking
Makes about 2 cups.
• 1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa
• 1/2 cup boiling water
• A bunch of kale – about 11 leaves, finely sliced
• A pinch of salt
• 1/2 onion, finely diced
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Olive oil
• A handful of flat parsley
• 1/2 cup semi-sundried tomatoes, diced
1. Cook quinoa according to the packet instructions – see Note 1.
2. Add a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add kale and a pinch of salt. Sauté until the kale turns bright green and transfer to a large salad bowl to cool – see Note 2.
3. Juice a lemon and add diced onion to macerate a little. In the meantime, finely slice a handful of parsley and dice semi-sundried tomatoes.
4. Combine quinoa, parsley and sundried tomatoes with the kale in the salad bowl. Add olive oil to diced onion macerated in lemon juice (olive oil to lemon juice ratio about 2:1). Whisk to mix and pour dressing into the kale salad mixture. Toss to combine all the ingredients. Drizzle more olive oil if necessary. Serve immediately.
Note 1: To cook quinoa, the water to uncooked quinoa ratio is 2:1. I cook quinoa in boiling water, covered. When the water is ALMOST absorbed by the quinoa, I turn off the flame and allow to quinoa to sit for a couple of minutes (covered) until all water is being absorbed.
Note 2: Do not sauté the kale for too long. I don’t want to wilt the kale…but just to get rid of the “raw taste” of kale.
Note 3: The lemon juice will discolor the kale after some time. Hence if you were to make this ahead, I suggest you dress the tabouli just before serving.
Leave A Comment