1. Rub the kohlrabi generously with olive oil, wrap tightly in foil and roast in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Let cool.
2. Lay 12 baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast until they reach a light golden brown, flip and toast other side.
1. Dredge lemon slices in sugar, then fry in hot olive oil until golden brown, about 45 seconds per side. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel. Saute shallots in olive oil, stirring often until crispy and golden, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
2. Rub crostini rounds with garlic clove.
3. Chop herbs finely with a pinch of sea salt and add olive oil to form a paste. Spread paste on garlic-rubbed crostini rounds.
4. Place olives and sliced, roasted kohlrabi on top of herbed crostini rounds and top with fresh mozzarella rounds.
5. Place crostini under broiler until mozzarella is golden and bubbling. Remove from broiler.
6. Top each mozzarella round with one crispy lemon slice and crispy shallots. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.