Zucchini Corn Pancakes
Source: Damn Delicious, July 19 2014
prep time: 15 min
cook time: 10 min
yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Add salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, corn, eggs, basil, oregano and garlic powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese and flour until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each pancake, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.