- Source : RecipesPlus
- 2 3/4 lb potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 3 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces of carrots, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 8 ounces of leeks, trimmed and sliced
1/2 cup red wine1 2/3 cup vegetable stock3 Tbsp corn starch1 cup milk1 tbsp butter1/4 cup sour creampinch grated nutmeg1/2 cup feta cheeseDirectionsPreheat the oven to 400°F. Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted, boiling water for 15-20 mins until tender.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion, carrot and mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 mins, stirring. Season and mix in the thyme. Stir in the tomato paste, leeks, garlic, wine and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1-2 mins.
- Mix the cornstarch into the vegetables and continue to stir until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and add the milk, butter, sour cream and nutmeg. Mash until smooth and season. Grease a baking dish with butter then transfer the potatoes to the dish. Spoon the vegetable mixture into the center then crumble the feta on top. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve.
Leave A Comment