Spicy Kohlrabi Noodles
Source: Love and Lemons
- 2-3 kohlrabi
- 4 oz. cooked (and cooled) rice noodles
- ½ jalapeño, sliced and/or a few thai red chiles
- ½ avocado, sliced
- herbs: cilantro, basil, and/or mint
- handful of crushed peanuts
- sriracha, to taste
- extra lime slices
- optional: tofu or a protein of your choice
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Mix the dressing together.
- Peel the kohlrabi if you like, (I just try to peel off the fibrous nubby sections and I leave the more tender skin on). Use a mandoline to slice kohlrabi into planks and then slice the planks into thin matchsticks. Toss the sliced kohlrabi with the dressing and chile peppers. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Toss the marinated kohlrabi with noodles, avocado, herbs, crushed peanuts and sriracha. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve cold or at room temp, with extra lime slices on the side.