Source: Love and Lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic scapes, chopped into 1 inch pieces (or 1 clove minced garlic)*
- 2 cups broccolini or broccoli florets
- 6 oz. brown rice spaghetti
- squeeze of lemon + a bit of lemon zest
- hemp seed topping (below), or freshly grated parmesan cheese
- a few basil leaves, sliced
- a pinch of red chile flakes
- salt and pepper
“Cheesy” hemp seed topping: (this makes extra)
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- pinch of salt
Make the hemp seed topping: In a food processor, pulse together hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, sunflower seeds and salt. Set aside
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water.
Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic scapes, broccolini, salt and pepper. Let cook until broccolini is tender but still vibrant green, about 4-5 minutes. Scoop pasta out of the pot and directly into your skillet and toss. Add a squeeze of lemon, stir, remove from heat and serve.
Top pasta bowls with basil leaves, a sprinkle of hemp seed topping (or grated cheese), red chile flakes and a little lemon zest. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
*If you’re using minced garlic instead of garlic scapes, add it after the broccoli so it cooks for less time and doesn’t burn.
For the brown rice pasta: I like the Jovial or Tinkyada brands.
Leave A Comment