Vegan Carrot Waffles
Source: Love and Lemons
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole spelt flour or white/wheat mix
- 2 teaspoon (10 mL) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) almond milk at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 mL) melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- Sea salt
- Maple syrup and/or coconut cream, for serving
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the grated carrots, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Fold the carrot mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop an appropriate amount of batter onto your waffle iron and cook until the edges are slightly crisp. Serve with maple syrup and the coconut cream, if using.