Zucchini and Carrots with Green Onions and Dill
Source: Bon Appetit, December 2006
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds zucchini, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions (about 6 large), divided
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (about 5 large), peeled, coarsely grated
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- Roll up grated zucchini in large kitchen towel; press to dry.
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over high heat. Add 1 cup green onions and sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini, carrots, and 2 tablespoons dill. Sauté until vegetables are just tender, tossing often, about 8 minutes. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup green onions and 2 tablespoons dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.