Source: Food52, February 11, 2014
Black Bean Mixture
1 can black beans
1/4 small red onion – chopped
1 small tomato – chopped (remove the seeds)
1/2 small green bell pepper – chopped
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup cilantro leaves – chopped
juice of 1 lime
1/2 jalapeño – finely chopped. You can also use a shredder to get finer pieces. Remove the seeds to avoid the dip from getting too spicy.
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt (add more if needed)
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Mix well before serving.
6 small black-bean tortillas
2 cups reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1 teaspoon taco seasoning (optional, add to the cheese and mix well)
- Heat a medium size pan on medium heat.
- Spray cooking spray on the pan and place one tortilla on the pan and let the bottom side toast until golden brown. Spray the un-toasted side with cooking spray and flip it over.
- Immediately put 1/3 cup of black bean mixture (more if you want) on the toasted side of the tortilla and sprinkle cheese. Cover to let the cheese melt and cook until the bottom of the tortilla is nice and toasty.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, cut in desired shapes and enjoy immediately.
Leave A Comment