Beet, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Source: Love and Lemons
- 4-6 red beets
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 grapefruit
- handful of pistachios, toasted
- salad greens of your choice, a few handfuls per plate
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinches of salt
- (you could also add some goat cheese)
- Wash beets (you don’t need to peel them yet), drizzle with a little olive oil, wrap in foil and roast in a 400 degree oven for 35-60 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they’re fork tender.
- Once your beets are cool to the touch, peel them (the skin should slide off easily using your fingers) and slice into 1 inch wedges. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and set aside.
- Slice out the segments of your grapefruit, reserving some of the juice to drizzle over the salad at the end. Chop avocado into cubes and toast (and salt) pistachios.
- Assemble salad greens, beets, grapefruit segments, avocado and pistachios. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and some of the reserved grapefruit juice. Salt and pepper to taste.