Source: Love and Lemons
- 4 heaping cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 English cucumber, diced, reserve half
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced, reserve half
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced, reserve half
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions, diced, reserve half
- 1 garlic clove
- small handful basil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ jalapeño pepper, optional
- diced avocado, optional
- micro greens, optional for garnish
- Set aside the reserved half of the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper and green onions and place the remaining half in a blender. Add the watermelon, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and jalapeño pepper, if using. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour into a large bowl (or small individual jars, as pictured) and stir in the reserved chopped vegetables.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Serve with drizzled olive oil.
- Optional: garnish with diced avocado and/or micro greens before serving.
Leave A Comment