Source: Love and Lemons
- 5-6 small pattypan squash, cut into 1 inch pieces
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small cucumber, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- sherry vinegar, for drizzling
- ½ cup mini mozzarella balls, sliced in half (skip if vegan)
- 4-5 slices stale sourdough bread, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- big handful of torn fresh basil leaves
- generous pinches of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a grill pan to medium. Toss the squash pieces with a drizzle of olive oil, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Place the squash onto the grill pan and grill each side until the squash is tender and char marks form (about 2 minutes per side).
- Place the cherry tomatoes and cucumbers in a large bowl and toss with a drizzle of olive oil, the minced garlic, a drizzle of sherry vinegar, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss again.
- When the squash is done, add it to the bowl along with mozzarella, bread, pine nuts, and basil.
- Add more olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper as needed.
- Let the salad sit at room temp for about 15 minutes so that the bread has the chance to soak up the flavorful juices.