Source: Eat Healthy, Eat Happy, April 10, 2015
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 5-6 bok choy stems, chopped (separate the white and green parts)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 7 green onions, chopped (save the green tops for garnish)
- 1 smallish bell pepper (or 2-3 mini peppers)
- 8 oz. mini portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- about 1 1/2″ fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs red curry paste
- 2 Tbs lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbs agave (or your favorite sweetener)
- 2 Tbs soy sauce (gluten free and low sodium recommended)
- 4 Tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- plain roasted peanuts to finish, crushed (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to package. Prep the veggies.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree smooth.
- Add the oil to a wok or large skillet on medium heat. Add the white bok choy and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the green bok choy and the rest of the veggies and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- At this point the quinoa should be done, so stir it in. Pour the sauce in and stir-fry everything together for 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with onion greens and crushed peanuts if you like.
Leave A Comment