Source: Love and Lemons
Serves: 1½ cups
- 1 medium or 2 small red beets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons warm water
- ½ teaspoon each of cumin and coriander, optional
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small baguette, sliced and toasted
- Radishes, sliced in half (or other raw veggies)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Drizzle the beet with olive oil and then wrap the beet and garlic together in foil. Place on the baking sheet and roast 30 to 40 minutes, or until the beet is fork-tender.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the beet skins under running water using your hands. Chop the beet and place it in a blender. Add the roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and water and blend until smooth. Add cumin and coriander, if you like. Chill until ready to use.
- Slather onto baguette and garnish with sesame seeds, pine nuts and parsley (all optional), or serve with crispy raw veggies.
Leave A Comment