Hello again to our most wonderful community of farm shareholders and friends,
Words cannot express our unending gratitude for your support of the farm and the work we do.
Mountain View Farm has been voted Best Local CSA for 2020 in the Valley Advocate Reader’s Poll!
Given the number and variety of productive farms in the Pioneer Valley, we are so grateful and proud to have won this award for the last twelve years running. We are especially proud of our relationship to The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts. Over the last thirteen years, through a unique partnership with The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, Mountain View Farm has shipped 1,819,514 pounds of the freshest organic produce which The Food Bank has distributed to our neighbors in need. COVID-19 places food insecure people in our community at an even greater risk. Learn more about the work that the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is doing to protect people in need and how you can help here.
Farming is the ultimate manifestation of hope for tomorrow.
CSA offers the shortest food chain possible, and nourishes not only the land and the individual, but the community as well.
We want to feed you, and we are planning for an
abundant season of delicious, organic food.
Perhaps more than anything else, we are looking forward to seeing people out in the fields picking flowers, herbs and berries once again. We want the farm to be a place of refuge for you, where you can walk and be outdoors. Picking your sun warmed strawberries and sungold cherry tomatoes directly from the field limits exposure and removes any middleman from the equation.
Our distribution season will begin as usual in early June, about nine weeks from now. We hope that the coronavirus pandemic will have lessened in urgency and immediacy, but here are some of our plans for how to move forward if not:
- We will offer expanded hours for our most vulnerable community members (HOURS TBD)
- We will expand safety training for employees and increase sanitizing of our space.We have always adhered to the highest standards of food safety and we will increase these measures going forward.
- We will provide two hot water hand washing stations on the farm and ask that people wash their hands before entering the barn.
- We want to continue giving CSA members as much choice as possible when you pick up your vegetables. We will balance this with utilizing some prepackaging techniques as well as using tongs and gloves as needed.
- We will offer a preboxed ‘grab and go’ option for those members who wish to have as little contact as possible.
- We will ask that any farm members with symptoms avoid coming to the farm and send someone else to pick up their share for them.
- At this time we do not think that a delivery service is the best way forward as we are confident that the farm can not only be a safe place but a refuge for our community … with that said we are keeping track of who would be interested in paying for that option – please let us know if you feel strongly about this!
Mountain View Farm
Ben Perrault and Liz Adler
393 East Street
Easthampton, MA 01027