Updated May 25, 2020
Our priority is keeping our employees and customers safe and we need the help of the entire farm community to do so.
We have consulted with the Easthampton Health Department regarding these steps and we will need all members of the farmcommunity to do their part.
Here is a list of what we are planning on doing to make the farm accessible and safe:
- We are offering significantly expanded pick up hours to limit the number of people at the farm at one time. We will be open six days a week-Tuesday through Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
- We will be implementing a system in which farm members will sign up for a 60 minute distribution window in advance in order to limit the number of farm members here at one time. The only way we can continue to operate safely is if people sign up and adhere to their selected distribution time. The sign up link will be sent out a few days prior to the first distribution. You will be able to sign up for a different time each week.
- Farm share plus members will be given two cards and are able to sign up for two different distribution times if desired.
- We are expanding the footprint of shareroom so that shareholders will be able to effectively implement social distancing guidelines.
- We will be switching to a no touch sign in procedure. Each farm member will be given a card they can use to sign in using a barcode system to eliminate the need for a paper/pen sign in.
- We have installed several hot water hand washing stations and will ask members to wash their hands before entering the barn.
- We will offer early hours for people who are 60+ and vulnerable. The hours of 9am-10am Tuesday through Sunday will be reserved for this purpose.
- We will offer a preboxed option for those farm members who want to spend as little time here as possible. Boxes are not customizable but we will include a wide variety of what is available at that time. We will ask for (but not require) a $5 payment to cover the cost of the box as well as the time it takes to pack it. Boxes will be available for curbside pickup.
- We will provide access to gloves & hand sanitizer.
- We will be sanitizing high touch surfaces per CDC guidelines.
- We will be prepackaging farm share items when possible to limit produce handling.
- We are asking that whenever possible, farm members have one person only come to the farm to pick up the farmshare and do the Upicking, and especially have only one person per share come into the distribution barn.
- Our farm crew will be wearing masks and gloves when handling produce as long as it is advised.
Here is a list of what we will be asking you to do:
- Please be patient and kind, we are doing our best!
- Shareholders will be asked to sign up for and adhere to a 60 minute pick up window. This 60 minute window will include your farm share pick up as well as your Upick access for the week (rain or shine). We will not close Upick fields due to rain.
- Please maintain 6 feet of social distance while at the farmwhenever possible.
- Please wear a mask when at the farm to protect our farmmembers and hardworking farm crew.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Please limit the touching of produce- only touch what you are taking as a part of your share.
- Send only one person into barn whenever possible and try to move through the distribution space as quickly as possible.
- Wash your hands before entering the barn.
- Wash your produce when you get home.
- The outdoor playground and the kids area inside the barn will be closed for any use. We hope to be able to reopen it later in the season.
- Our porta-potty will be for employee use only in June.
We will reassess as the season progresses.
*Upick will be up and running as usual. Please maintain at least 6 feet of distance between other farm members that are out in the field. We will ask farm members to bring their own scissors and upick containers as we will be unable to provide them for reuse. Upick should be done during your 60 minute distribution time. Please do not come to the farm more than once a week. Whenever possible, please have only one person come to the farm to pick up and do Upick. We are working to make the farm safe and viable and the best way to do that is to limit the flow of people here at one time. This will depend on all of us working together to make this happen.
We can’t wait to see you all back at the farm!
Please let us know if you have questions.